Do You Have Time-Bandits?

Stopwatch Clip Art 


People often say to me:  "I Know presentation is important, but I just don't have the time to prepare it like I should."


I always say, "Well, it's your choice.  But if the presentation is important enough to do, it's important enough to do right."


Often times, we don't have enough time because we let our time be stolen by non-core stuff or poeple. If you think of your typical work day, how much time do you spend doing non-core stuff  or meeting with non-core people?  Useless meetings or e-mails, etc. seem to be common problems at all of the organisations where I work.  And we're talking about world-class organisations.  


That this problem is so common means that it is a human problem.  
But the solution is staightforward:  spend your time doing the things and meeting with the people that are essential for you and your core tasks and priorities.  
Only you can do this.  No one is going to do it for you.


The sooner you gain control of your time, the sooner you can spend it on the important stuff--like your presentations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The PowerPoint Slide from Hell

Make That Boss Happy