I'll Give You A Stinkin' Reason to Listen!
I'ts Revolution Time! And here's what you get if you join me....

One of the most common questions I get in my presentation workshops is this:  
How do I get and keep my audiences attention?

Essentially, it's hard to do unless you give them a very good reason to be interested.
Almost aways, this means giving them something that is in their own self interest.

What are you giving them that makes their lives better?
What are you offering that they can apply and get results from?
Why would you listen if you were in their shoes?

If you can't answer these questions, you can't blame them for tuning you out.
Everybody has a million things on their minds competeing for thier attention.
If you bring no concrete value; if they don't clearly see the benefit;
it's Game Over.

The take-Away is this:  make sure your presentation is a conversation about them.
Understand their priorities, needs, and problems.

Make sure you and your team are offering ideas, solutions, and info which talks to these issues.

If I'm gonna spend my valuable time on your presentation, I damned-well expect a good return on my investment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The PowerPoint Slide from Hell

Make That Boss Happy